Body Contouring Post Massive Weight Loss
Once you achieve massive weight loss following diet and exercise or bariatric surgery, you are often left with sagging skin and tissues that prevent you from looking as good as you feel and showing off your new, slimmer figure. Body contouring improves the shape of your body while reducing excess fat and skin. This final step of the weight-loss process can give you a body that adequately reflects what you have worked so hard to achieve.
Body contouring after massive weight loss or bariatric surgery may include a combination of some or all of the following procedures:
• Lower Body Lift: After major weight loss, sagging skin and fat settle around the midsection. This creates an “apron” overhang in the lower abdomen and waist. The buttocks may be flat or unevenly shaped, and the groin may sag into the inner thigh area. The lower body lift procedure corrects sagging in the abdomen, waist, hips, and buttocks.
• Thigh Lift (THIGHPLASTY): An Inner Thigh Lift or Thighplasty treats lose skin of the inner thigh. A thighplasty can be accomplished through incisions along the inside of the thigh from groin to knee. Liposuction reduces any diet-resistant fat to improve leg contours.
• Arm Lift (BRACHIOPLASTY): Excess skin and loose tissues in the upper arms can be corrected through incisions extending from the armpits to the elbows along the back or the inside of the arms. Liposuction is performed as needed to remove fat from the arms for a more contoured appearance.
• Breast Lift: Following major weight loss, the breasts may sag or have lost volume and shape. The nipples may fall below the breast crease. A breast lift, or “mastopexy,” procedure reduces excess skin and tightens the tissues of the breasts. Breast lift can also correct large areolas and sagging nipples.
Dr. Menesi may perform these procedures in stages. He will develop a surgical plan based on your individual circumstances to best suit your needs.
To achieve the best results, patients need to meet the following criteria:
• Be at or near your ideal goal weight.
• Having realistic expectations
• Be a non-smoker, as smoking can complicate both the procedure and your recovery time.
• Be in good physical and psychological health.
Dr. Menesi will discuss the risks and benefits of a Body Contouring procedure at your consultation to confirm that this is the best course of action for your particular needs.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Menesi, contact our office today at (506) 455-1188