Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and childbearing can cause significant changes to a woman’s body. The changes include loose abdominal skin from the postpartum shrinking of a pregnant woman and breast volume loss and sagging from pregnancy and breastfeeding. Women may also have stubborn fatty deposits from pregnancy and weight gain that just won’t go away despite the practice of a strict diet and exercise regimen. Many postpartum women feel self-conscious and unhappy with the appearance of their new bodies.
Mommy makeover surgery may include a combination of some or all of the following procedures:
- Tummy tuck: to reduce sagging and loose abdominal skin and repair separated abdominal muscles, medically referred to as diastasis recti, which is a common result of pregnancy.
- Breast Augmentation: to enhance volume of deflated breasts after breastfeeding.
- Breast lift: to reposition sagging breasts and remove excess breast skin as a result of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Liposuction: to remove fat deposits gained during pregnancy that won’t go away despite diet and exercise.
Who is an ideal Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
To achieve the best results of a Mommy Makeover, women need to meet the following criteria:
- Be at or near your ideal goal weight.
- Having realistic expectations.
- Be a non-smoker, as smoking can complicate both the procedure and your recovery time.
- Be in good physical and psychological health.
Dr. Menesi will discuss the risks and benefits of a Mommy Makeover procedure at your consultation to confirm that this is the best course of action for your particular needs.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Menesi, contact our office today at (506) 455-1188.